One thing to know about me is I absolutely love companies that give back to a cause they are passionate about. I personally am a big fan of sustainability & environmental efforts but I am a sucker for almost all charities. Since the holiday season is coming up, I figured I round up some of the best (and my favorite) products that give back or follow the 1-for-1 principle. Whether they’re gifts for a loved one or your treating yourself, there is no reason for guilt with these gifts! Click on the picture of each for the link to the product!
- Check out this Serengetee Baseball Tee. I am a HUGE fan of this company and have even gotten my fiance in on the obsession. They make pocket tees and other products and each pattern goes to a different cause. Everything is made to order so it takes a little time but the products are made really well and it’s so nice to choose a cause that matters to you! They also have 15% off right now and are always giving out free products and deals!
This baseball tee is so cute and this pattern contributes to the Whole Planet Foundation which provides microloans to women entrepreneurs in Brazil! It was designed by Brazilian artists and it’s made in the USA. At only $34 this is definitely on my Christmas list this year!
2. Pura Vida Bracelets are so great and hold up so well with everyday wear and tear. I bought some of these back in 2014 and they still hold up all through the summer. I love how beachy the brand is and Costa Rica is very close to my heart after I volunteered there so I love that these are Costa Rica made!
You can shop by cause and it’s an everyday reminder that you contributed to a great charity. I absolutely love this bracelet set that is for saving the sea turtles and 20% of the proceeds will go to The Sea Turtle Conservancy!
3. This Kelly Slater Give Back Throw looks like it would be very comfy and would go with any decor! It’s a little pricey at $69 but 25% of the proceeds go to Oceana which seeks to serve and protect our World’s oceans. It’s made of recycled products and every time you cuddle up for a movie you can think about how you helped save marine life.
4. This one I NEED! When I read about the cause it really got me because when I was younger I used to love monkeys! A percentage of this mug’s proceeds go to The Jane Goodall Foundation (I did a book report on her in the 3rd grade). The mug itself is so adorable and it’s made of Earthenware. John and I aren’t doing gifts this year but if we were I would be sending him this link ASAP.
5. These journals come from Global Goods Partners which is a non-profit “dedicated to alleviating poverty and promoting social justice in the Global South”. All of their products are made by women and fair trade and they have over 40 partners in 20 countries. By purchasing products from their site, you are contributing to empowering women and helping communities struggling with poverty. I love these journals because you can see how much effort went into creating them by hand and they’re so beautiful. This journal is perfect for writing down adventures- so the pink one is definitely on my list!
6. I don’t know about you but I was all for that adult coloring book craze and was super happy it was socially acceptable for me to break out my colored pencils. These adult coloring books are from Kohl’s and part of their Kohl’s Cares Program. 100% of the proceeds from the coloring books goes toward children’s health and education initiatives Nationwide. For $8 and curing my boredom, I think this is a great way to give back!
7. Sevenly has a ton of the cutest graphic tees with a message! Pick your cause and find a shirt that speaks to you. Personally, this long sleeve hoodie is right up my alley and donates 7% to the National Parks Service. It says “Living is the Adventure” which is basically my life motto.
8. Soapbox is an idea I can totally get behind. Soap is something I totally take for granted but after reading more about their mission I recognize how important it is that these resources are available worldwide. For every bar of soap purchased, they send a bar of soap to someone in need. It can literally save someone’s life from disease (3,000 children a day specifically!) For $3.99, I’m down for saving lives and I also love everything Pomegranate! This would make for a great stocking-stuffer!
9. Warby Parker is a brand that I find really interesting and an experience that I really enjoyed for eye glasses. While I guess glasses aren’t really a gift, I’m almost 24 and I find myself adding practical stuff to my Christmas list now more than ever. They do a free at-home try on and I found myself taking them on and off probably every 15 minutes during the 5-day trial. I ended up getting the Keene style. This is a product I can get behind because they’re really well made, cheaper than glasses I would have bought with my insurance, AND for every pair you buy they give a pair to someone in need. They actually partner with the charity, VisionSpring, and make sure that the glasses are delivered to those in need worldwide. If you’re in need of new glasses, this would be a great product to add to your Christmas list!
Note: The featured image for this blog was taken by Annie Spratt