I’m just going to come out and say it- I am addicted to reading. I don’t always have a ton of time to sit down with a good book but once I start I literally go on a book binge. I used to commute by train and would finish a good book in only a day or two. Since I don’t have that luxury anymore, I need to find more time for reading because these books sound SO GOOD. To preface this, my favorite genre is psychological thriller mostly or any kind of twisted story. Basically a Law and Order: SVU or Cold Case Episode in book form. When shopping for some friends (who also love this genre) over the holiday, I found myself adding books to my cart just for myself because the summaries were so enticing!
Check out these books I cannot wait to read in 2017. Some aren’t out yet while others have been out for a while.
1.Girl in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware- This one I actually already read but it’s super twisted and I loved it so I might even end up reading it again. The story follows the main character who is a travel writer and gets invited to a cruise so she can write about it for her publication/ website. She meets are girl in the cabin next door, hears some curious noises, and when she goes to investigate no one is in the cabin and the staff is not aware of anyone ever being in the cabin to begin with! It’s suspenseful and very Girl on the Train -esque so if you liked that, definitely give this one a read. Check out the full summary here.
2. All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda- This book follows the disappearance of two women only it is decades apart. The one woman’s best friend went missing years ago and she returns to town to care for her grandfather and finds herself in shocking drama that reopens her missing best friend’s case. To me, this sounds straight out of Cold Case and I know it’s going to have more twists and turns that I can’t wait to read about! Check out the full summary here.
3. Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner – This book follows a thirteen year old who went through the trauma of her brother killing her drunk father eight years ago. As she is about to get adopted by two FBI agents, they are alerted to a local killing that her brother may be behind. After reading the summary, it seems like this book has some real twists and I can’t wait to read more about what really happened. Check out the full summary here.
4. The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian – This one follows a young girl after her mother (a known sleepwalker) goes missing. When a piece of a night shirt is found, the investigator gets very involved and seems to know more than he is letting on. This comes out in 10 days and I can’t wait to pick up a copy. The full summary can be found here.
5. Unravel & Unhinge by Calia Read- Unravel is the first book that came out in 2014 but I just bought it for a friend because it looks SO GOOD. The reviews all say the same, that they were shocked by the outcome which is my favorite kind of book. Unhinge, the sequel came out about a year ago but continues the story of a girl who witnesses too much and ends up in a psych ward where everyone is telling her she is crazy when she knows she isn’t. Read the summary for Unravel here and Unhinge (the sequel) here!
6. The Last Girl (And the other two books in the Dominion Trilogy) by Joe Hart – I read the first book in this and I couldn’t put it down. The Last Girl is about an epidemic hitting the world that stops all female babies from being born. The government puts all of the remaining women into a facility to keep them safe and when they turn 21 they are told they will be free to go back with their parents. Zoey, one of the last girls alive, does not believe this to be true and she is determined to escape to see what is outside the walls she has grown up in. The second book, The Final Trade, came out in September and is really high on my list so I can continue to follow Zoey’s crazy adventure. The third book will be coming out in March so I am psyched to finish the second book in time to finish the trilogy. Check out the summary here: The Last Girl, The Final Trade, The First City.
7. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica – This book revolves around a girl named Mia who goes to meet her boyfriend at a local bar but when he doesn’t show, she decides to go home with someone else she meets at the bar. This proves to be a bad decision and Colin ends up hiding Mia in a secluded cabin. I can’t wait to read this to find out why and what ends up happening! I didn’t read too many reviews because I HATE spoilers but I read this book has a few great twists that I can’t wait to uncover. Read the full summary here.